Jun 18, 2011

A better working comment system for blogger

Today , as I was customizing my template again , I thought I'll search for a new comment system. I've dropped to http://allblogtools.com , and gave an answer to my question right away , unfortunately the service they was offering has the blogger feature disabled. Which means it doesn't work. I usually don't give up so easily , so I searched more , in-deep while still without any success , I saw this "disqus" back-link on some WordPress blog , and so I went to http://www.disqus.com

I was simply AMAZED of how easy is to setup a comment system for your blogger blog. Practically it's just 2-3 clicks. Let me introduce you to it , with a few images:

DISQUS homepage
The first step is easy , just click the SIGN UP button , obviously , it's a pretty big green button. If you want to find out more about disqus , just press the "learn more" although that's irrelevant for now.

3 easy steps
The following pages , are just 3 easy steps to setup your website. Enter your website URL , a short name , basically create an account , and done. You don't even have to activate your account via e-mail. The installation for blogger is as easy as pressing 1 button , and confirming via blogger (will automatically switch to it) , and that's it. Now go to your blogger homepage , and see your comments.

Requirements : These are described on their homepage too , but I'll remind you again , or show you before you go there. So , make sure your blogger uses blogger layouts. What are blogger layouts? All new templates , including custom ones , have layouts. Old , or classic tempaltes , does not have layouts , but you can always press the "Upgrade Template" button , bellow your "Edit HTML" form. Also make sure your comments are set to "Anyone".

Not sure , if existing comments will be converted for your new system , but new comments since installation will work fine.

LIVE DEMO -> Bellow , try leaving a comment as anonymous , or sign in to facebook or any other social service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. :)