Jun 26, 2011

Update old iPhone and iPod to new firmware.


I just got a refurbished iPod Touch a few days ago , and turned out my firmware is too old to buy apps , or actually use all the cool features from the App Store. So I was like , this can't be. I have an iPod Touch , and all I can use it for to listen to music? And so I went looking around for a solution , and I finally found it. And here , I will show you how to Upgrade your old iPhone , iPod firmware , to the latest.

1. Get iTunes , if you don't have it yet.
2. Go here and select your model , then download the latest firmware for it iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
3. Plug in your iPhone , iPod into your PC/Mac
4. Go to iTunes , and select your Device
5. SHIFT + Click (on PC) , Action + Click (onMac) on "Restore" or the "Update" button , in iTunes.
6. Browse to your newly downloaded file. Example iPod1,3.1.3_Restore.ispw
7. Wait patiently until iTunes finishes Updating your old Firmware to the new one you just downloaded.
8. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. :)